Sunday, February 22, 2015

Shift

We won a prize! The prize is called 'nice hack' and i took it to mean that we made it look pretty. Actually, that was just the generic name for the third prize, but i'll still consider it a validation of the visual quality of our presentation. After all, we didn't do anything groundbreaking, nor deserving of a prize, so maybe the fact that our project was pretty (and very user friendly) might have prompted the jury to give us a 'nice hack' prize. Either way, i love it and i love my team even more. We had no argument, we got along like peanut butter and jam, it was so awesome! I did not know you could work like that with a team. Sure, i've won things with my team before, but we had some people who didn't actually contribute. I don't know how we ended up with such a nice bunch of people, but it was worth my weekend, definitely. I said two weeks ago that i was willing to sacrifice this weekend in the name of a good cause, i didn't have to sacrifice it, it was such a pleasure! I rode my bike to the academy (yes, it's an academy like the one that thought me a whole lot of stuff) every time (three times), better each time. It feels better every day, especially since the spring is obviously around the corner. I can't wait for summer to be able to go on long trips. Still, it's all right, we'll build everything slowly. Today i didn't feel like doing the fifth day in the yoga challenge, i finished a crochet bra that i started two days ago (and which looks awesome! it's also a bit too large for me). I'm looking forward to finishing the thing that i actually wanted to make when i started this bra, a tank top that's all frilly and stuff. It's really pretty. You just need to count the proper number of stitches before starting the project.

I realized yesterday that i hadn't written enough to qualify for my 750 words, but i was so happy and tired that i didn't really care and published my text the way it was. Now i'd like to discuss something odd, something that nobody in this world would be interested to hear or read, which is why i'm writing it here, on my pseudo-anonymous blog which gets hits form the US, even though i have no idea how or why (probably bouncers, too, since i don't know anyone crazy enough to read this load of fluffy crap). Since i started the yoga challenge, i felt like i could let go (yes, my goal and thought while practicing is letting go - when i have time to think, since most of the time Adrienne speaks and sometimes makes me burst into laughter during very strange positions) and have let my feelings toward my very special one go. I disconnected from those feelings of attachment and that need for a constant connection, the need for my questions (addressed to him) to be answered. It was so awesome (still is, hehe), but i got a really odd side effect. In the past three nights i've had two dreams about him and they were both quite nice (you know what i mean), pleasant dreams that i remember partly, especially because they happened just before the alarm went off. Who knows how many there were without me remembering them... And this situation is stranger the more i think about it. I was so relaxed these days and looked around for interesting people (we had quite a lot at the hackathon) and the more i looked around, the more important he seemed to me. I just felt like i couldn't break that connection. The connection was there, there was no need for me to try and reinforce it or validate it or anything at all. It just was. And that's beautiful...

No comments:

Post a Comment